Construction permits are required for new construction, renovations, demolition, and temporary structures such as stages, membrane structures, and portable buildings.
- Refer to the Construction Permit Procedures to be sure, or discuss your project with OUBO at email@example.com.
- To apply for a permit or partial permit, please start OUBO Plan Review process first in e-Builder. Once the drawings are approved, you will be sent the appropriate permit forms to complete through e-Builder.
Permits are also required for construction of the following:
- Temporary Structures Permit for stages, amusement devices and tents.
Construction Sites – Building Permit Posting and Approved Drawings
Building permits shall be posted on the construction site for public inspection throughout the entire project in accordance with VUSBC Section 110.5. All permits shall be visible to all personnel working on the project since our building permits often have crucial public safety information and construction limitations documented. OUBO staff will check for permits on projects to ensure information is available to the public as required.
Only OUBO reviewed and approved drawings shall be on site to ensure construction is performed in accordance with those drawings. Failure to do so may result in costly rework as well as delays. To assist with this, please note that:
- The building permit includes the date of the drawings that were approved by OUBO so a comparison of the date listed on the building permit with the date on drawings will reflect whether the correct set of documents is on site.
- Our inspectors will also check this when onsite as required by VUSBC Section 109.5.
- We will be stamping plans “Approved” in a manner similar to that commonly used in local jurisdictions. This will allow construction crews to easily identify whether or not they are working from the correct set of drawings.